Friday, July 2, 2010
TGIF...at Chili's
We acted on a sudden craving for Americana tonight and drove outside the city for our first dinner at a restaurant as a family. We picked family-friendly Chili's, where the wait people are in high school or college and people think it's cute when your kids peep over into their booths. Sarek had his first chocolate milk. Which turned into his second chocolate milk, which turned into...as it usually does with Sarek. Nola had chicken crispers and broccoli. I had a margarita after a long week of call. I'm still in my scrubs in the video. Perry got a very Perry-like drink...virgin pina colada before he hit the marina to work on his sailboat. He plans to take it into the Bay for this weekend's fireworks.
I'm embarrassed that I had as much fun as I did tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dearest Brett and Deena,
ReplyDeleteYou guys amaze me. My newest amazement is how special you make
a trip to a simple restaurant seem like a truly exciting and adventurous experience. I guess most Americans do take to many things for granted and over indulge. I love the way a squeeze ketchup bottle and french fries become a special event.
The way I have observed your values and judgement on material "things" has been an education for me. The Blog is certainly an eye-opening tool. That is giving so much more value to my life, because I can observe everyday living in real time, but at a very slow digestive manner with much pride and an over powering love.
All that to just say, "I appreciate the people you are and the love for life your are giving to my Grandbabies".
You're such special people. Keep loving, growing and working TOGETHER.