Saturday, June 30, 2012
"I Do" the Cape
Sarek and I had our first mommy-son vacation a few weekends ago. The occasion was a wedding of Scott, a dear friend from Boston. We saw another dear friend, Katie, and new baby, Saoirse, and spend a few nights in Hingham. She also got married in that house. Saoirse is beautiful, Sarek fell in love with her, and she nailed down mixing Irish and Puerto Rican. I almost want to have another baby. That's how amazing Sarek was with a newborn. But I'll let my younger friends do the birthing and parenting...while I get to play Aunty to their babies. Sarek did great at the wedding. He managed to sit still and quiet for the ceremony and charmed the crowd with his dancing and boundless energy during the reception. He was even up for learning the electric slide. The bride was GORGEOUS and glowing. Scott had a large say in the wedding details. Rare for a groom! Hemingway and e.e. cummings centerpieces (old books stacked and tied up in swine), typewriters, and bookmarks for wedding favors. Sarek's favorite part was staying up late. He valiently suffered through "all the kissing." During the down time, we went on a Hyannis Duckmobile--a combo bus/boat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment