Somewhere along the developmental time-space continuum, Nola overcame her fear of dogs. In fact, she did a 180 and is now obsessed with dogs. She wants one so bad. But, alas, we would have to put Brett in the shed to avoid anaphylaxis. She scratches the doggie itch by volunteering at Family Dog Rescue, a dog shelter thankfully very close to our house. It's the only shelter around that lets kids volunteer. If she had it her way, she'd be basking the sun with dogs on her lap for hours, but I make her do the less thankful but more necessary stuff, like wash dog dishes and pick up poop. I usually have a good time once I'm there. Here she is on Christmas Eve Day, helping out so the core staff can close up. Dog shelters are an essential service in COVID but require staffing 365 days a year, so Nola gets her dog fix and also gets the staff home early to their loved ones. Win-win.


No comments:
Post a Comment