Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Working 9 to 5

Sarek likes to play like he's going to work. He puts on "work" clothes (his normal clothes but he decides the outfit), packs a bag (pink poodle purse or cloth drawbag with toy keys, dead cellphone, and a favorite Matchbox car), and packs his lunch (plastic Easter eggs and random pieces of wooden toy fruit). Tonight, while I was at the diaper table with Nola, he said, "Bye Mama, I'm off to work!" I said over my shoulder, "Bring home the bacon, sweetie!" He said, "OK!" and left the room. He then went straight to the kitchen and dragged a chair to the cabinet with dishes. When Brett asked him what he was doing, he said without missing a beat, "I'm getting a plate." "For what?" Brett asked. Sarek said, "To bring home some of the bacon, Daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment